UCI ZOTline delivers news and announcements of broad campuswide importance and interest to faculty and staff. It replaces UCI Brief.
- Keep faculty and staff informed of important university information.
- Promote Web-based communications and help faculty and staff navigate UCI’s websites.
- Consolidate distribution of information through timely, consistent communications.
- Alleviate information overload and message redundancy.
UCI ZOTline is published bi-weekly. Each issue may include the following sections:
- Top Story – A preview or coverage of significant campus events, particularly those that focus on faculty and staff achievements, or developments that offer an employee benefit and announcements related to campus initiatives.
- Anteater Insights – Messages from executive leadership about strategic goals/insights and faculty/staff interviews about their careers at UCI.
- Worklife & Wellness – Human Resources-related information (Open Enrollment, wages, benefits, retirement, holidays, policies, etc.).
- Campus Highlights – Major campus and UCOP news and announcements.
- UCI Connected – Item showcasing employees doing volunteer work in the community or upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Brilliant Future – Reports on major aspects of the strategic plan, fundraising efforts or construction activities.
- Faculty & Staff in the News – A compendium of articles featuring UCI.
- Featured Events – Activities of interest to the campus community and beyond.
Resource links will be available to help readers find other information they may need.
As always, UCI ZOTline welcomes input at email@example.com.
Email Work/Life suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is noon Friday for inclusion in the following issue (unless otherwise noted).
Content must adhere to all university policies. No content delivered via UCI ZOTline shall:
- Advocate an individual’s or organization’s political or religious position.
- Imply university or campus endorsement, support, or opposition to a political, religious, or civic issue, or any non-university products, service, organizations or activity.
- Be of commercial nature that solicits, or would provide, personal and/or financial profit to a university employee or to a profit-making organization.
Content must support UCI ZOTline's purpose and objectives. To eliminate redundancy in emailed communications, UCI ZOTline will not routinely publish:
- Content that has been or will be distributed broadly across campus via ZotMail or other print or electronic publications.
- Specialized content that is not of broad interest to the campus community.